Monday 13 October 2008

EXP08 @ Leeds



Drove 3.5 hours/way from Wales to attend a job fair in Leeds.
It was a 2-day event therefore we were planning to stay overnight to attend both days - and then realised that 1 day could be enough.

Indeed, it was enough to stay for a couple of hours. I spoke with 2 potential employers but after attending their seminars and talking to them personally, I drew a conclusion that this event was mostly meant for THEM to promote what they want to sell.

We spent £15 per person for the Expo ticket - just to let them promote. I suspect exhibitors might be serious about finding some particular professionals (mostly doctors and nurses etc), but other professions like ours were not meant to be their serious target.

I am disappointed with the event, but the good thing was that I got to speak with some people from the Immigration NZ. They've answered some small queries in my mind. Otherwise, it was not worth visiting spending petrol and time.

No comments: