Wednesday 15 October 2008

police cert and bank draft

I was getting to worry that our police certificates wouldn't make it before the deadline to lodge the application of residence visa. I've contacted the Immigration NZ office in London - we might receive an extension. All those small details make me feel so nervous.

Today I finally made an appointment for the medical examinations. More than £900 is to be paid just for this procedure, and we will have to make 2 trips to Cardiff. It takes 2.5 hrs to get there. Thinking about the petrol price nowadays, we should have made it with the hospital in Wrexham where the medical and x-ray are done in the same facility on the same day, but my husband can't make it on the day the medical is available in Wrexham.

Because now I know that extension is possible (hopefully), I started preparing the international bank draft to pay for the police certificate from Australia. Surprise, surprise. The bank charges me £18 but they can only send me the draft to me by post after 5 business days. I guess the 21st century hasn't arrived in Britain yet. All businesses here are unbelievably slow.

No comments: